viernes, 3 de abril de 2015

Nicole Kidman on a difficult situation in her life

Watch this short video of Nicole Kidman on the Ellen DeGeneres show and answer the questions below about it.



1. Why did Keith, Nicole's husband, travel to Paris at weekends?
2. What do they write to each other when they're apart?
3.  How long have Keith and Nicole been together?
4. What hard situation has Nicole gone through recently?
5. How does Nicole feel about people expressing their condolences?

When I see you and Keith, first of all, I adore Keith. I think he is the greatest, sweetest guy, and the… I think Keith was performing here when you were shooting that movie, and he was doing Idol, he was touring, and he was flying to Europe (1) to see you for a weekend and flying back.
Yeah.
… and I was like, that is amazing. And a lot of a people have a two-week rule...
No.
But for him to fly that… and he writes you love letters every single day?
I write him things too.
All right, well…
Every single day, do you write him things?
No, he doesn't write them every single day. (2) When we're apart, we do that, yeah.
Every single day?
Yeah.
That's really sweet.
Yeah.
That's really adorable.
I have to say… I love saying this, because he should be, you know, just adored, and he has been so good to me, you know, for (3) nine years, but for the last sort of month, which has been a really tough time for me to have, when you have your partner who just literally carries you through a tough time, oh. And he's been amazing to me. (4) I recently lost my father, and to have my husband be just step up, you know, in that way, it makes me cry. He's amazing, so...
It's good for… yeah.
Yeah, there's nothing better than having your pal to hold you up through times like that.
Yeah, and literally, at times… and I don't know, I mean, we all go through terrible things at different times in our lives, but to be literally carried by your partner, physically at times, 'cause I was so devastated… it's just like I would do anything for that man, so...
Well, you would go through anything for each other. I am so sorry for your loss, and I understand that you are so touched when people come up to you and actually say that to you. A lot of people don't want to be approached, but you really… it means something to you.
Yeah. I think, I mean, I've realized we don't talk about it enough in terms of our society, I think, you know, because at some point in our lives, we're gonna go through… everybody loses their parents, and it's awful. I'm sorry to bring everybody down. But I'm, at the same time, trying to navigate through something right now, and (5) I'm amazed when people reach out, because it's an awkward thing at times. But to have people go, I'm so sorry for your loss, the power of that, and even a note or anything, which I've gotten so much love from people.
Just the sharing. I think that is important, because it's love.
So important in this world.
Whenever it's coming from a place of love, it's support, and...
And there's something about when you realize someone else has gone through a similar thing or is going through a similar thing, it really connects you.
And you're not bringing us down, by the way. We are sending you love.
Thank you.
We're sending you a whole bunch of love.